Finally! We all got together, in nice clothes (aka I changed out of my stretchy pants) and we took a family picture on our front steps. This was definitely something I was looking forward to doing again when we moved back here. Even though I’m always looking for my dream house that we wont actually move into for years…I do love our little house. It’s good to be back in it.
First, a front step photo recap…
2008 – Our first year in the house
2010 – 3rd year. Added a Timmy.
2014 – We’re back!
Late last night I wrote a post about how we are doing Christmas this year. I’m really glad I just hit save as draft instead of publish because I was just super grumpy and whiny about kids and that’s just not what I want out there for the world to read. This morning though I’m in a much better mood and am going to try this again. Less complain, more happy. I don’t want to be the angry mom.
So, on that note, I’ve decided this year we are going to take the Want, Need, Wear, Read approach to gift giving. The kids have so many toys right now. SO many. Toys they probably don’t even realize they have any more. Whatever was the ‘it’ toy of the year they got in bulk. And nothing is where it needs to be. No more bins separating everything. It’s all one big hot toy mess.
On top of that, the kid’s just seem to WANT everything. And were expecting to get most of the the things they’ve circled in catalogs and added to their list.
And it’s kind of stressful. So this year we are taking Christmas down a notch and we will all get something we want, something we need, something to wear, and something to read.
And stockings and Santa. AND they have birthdays in early February.
I’m kind of excited. Less pressure to get all the things and more chances to focus on choosing one really cool thing for each category.
And less to wrap. Always a plus.
Last week T’s dad was in town visiting us. You’d think I’d have a lot more pictures of things we did but really it was the best most laid back visit. We really just hung out. Or they went golfing. Or we ate at Rodeo….normal every day life only shared with him. It was good. But one day we got a little crazy and decided to hit up the aviation museum on post. It really is cool there. The kids love it and there’s so much to look at. We hadn’t been there since T graduated flight school in…2010.
I tried to collage all the photos so it wasn’t too much of a loooong run on photo dump of a post. I managed to only repeat 1 picture (I think) too.
Here’s some more info on the museum –
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 3:00pm
Sunday- Museum is closed
Gift Shop hours- 9:00am to 3:30pm, M-F
The Museum is closed on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Admission is free, however, donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
And finally, the mat outside the front door. Layla made me take a picture of it so she could build it on Minecraft…
Whew. These past couple weeks have been crazy busy it feels like. I think I’ve had something to do every single day almost…which might not sound bad to a normal person but I need my don’t leave the house other than to go to the gym and get kids to and from school time. Ive only been to the gym twice in the last 2 weeks. TWICE. I think. Maybe once? I did do a couple out of the gym workouts thankfully but still not near enough.
Anyway, it’s Friday! High Five time.
It’s all about the kids this week it seems. Not a bad thing. They’re kind of awesome.
1. Timmy take showers now more than baths and he’s good at washing the soap out of his own hair. Really I just lather him up and he does the rest. And how freakin cute are the faces he makes while rinsing?? Love.
2. Not really a high at all…but yeah. L’s throat hurt off and on all weekend. Monday it was really bad so I took her in to the Dr and turns out she has strep. NOT a high. But we did spend 2 long hours at Lyster together walking laps around the building and drinking some Starbucks while we waited. I liked having the alone time with her even under the cruddy circumstances.
3. Happy! After a day on meds she was good to go to her school’s fall festival. It’s kind of a big deal. They dressed up and played games, got candy, and bounced in bounce houses. I was a twitchy mess because there were 900 people there but they had fun, looked cute, and L won an amazing peanut butter cake (that Im trying not to finish off) in a cake walk.
4. Wednesday we were back to Aplin Farms with Timmy’s school. We got to do the whole tractor ride and everything this time around which was fun for him. I just loved seeing him with the two girl friends of his that he talks about all. the. time. They’re adorable.
5. While Layla was at school yesterday I hit up the Walmarts for some paint so we could work on her costume. She’s being an Enderman from Minecraft. Google it if you want to know more because I honestly don’t know much other than its back with long arms and apparently carries around grass blocks? I dunno. But she wants a grass block instead of a regular trick or treat bucket. So I make all the little squares and when she got home we started painting them. We followed the pattern on a plastic Minecraft toy block she has.
It’s been a pretty good week even though it was busy. Some things that are also awesome but didn’t make the top 5:
– I went to both derby practices this week. I missed Thursday last week so it was good to be back again. And there were a lot of new girls! Yay new girls!
– I got my mouth stitches out so I can actually use a straw now with the dr’s permission. Yay straws!
That’s all for this week. Bring on a lazier next week!
I’m once again linking up with Lauren Elizabeth :)